AWARD PROCESS & ELIGIBILITY
How Does the Award Process Work?
Applying for the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards is done in three steps.
1. Get Nominated
Entrepreneurs must be nominated by March 19, 2020. If you have received an email notifying you of your nomination – congratulations! You can follow the links within the email to take you to the next steps. If you have not been nominated yet, why not nominate yourself?
2. Confirm Your Eligibility by Completing Your Intent to Apply Form
All nominees must complete the Intent to Apply form prior to starting their application. This form confirms your eligibility as an official Award Applicant and the information gathered here is a required component of your complete application.
3. Submit Your Formal Application
All nominees who successfully complete their Intent to Apply will be emailed a link to the official 2020 Award Application. Remember – we have resources to help you! Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions below and Video Tutorials to help you create an award-winning application.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
Nominees must meet all eligibility criteria in order to apply for the 28th Annual RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards. To see if you qualify, please visit our Eligibility Page or email us at [email protected] for more information.
Below are the basic Eligibility Requirements for the Awards. Looking for more details on each award criteria? You can decide which award category is the best fit here.
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
Please note: Certain eligibility criteria do not factor in if you are applying to the Social Change Award and the Ones to Watch Award. Please review additional criteria that applies to each specific Award category
- She must be active in a business registered as a sole proprietorship or corporation for three full years as of April 30, 2020*
- Her business must have been profitable in the last fiscal year* (For registered charities, not-for-profits and social enterprises, this means financially stable and meeting all spending quotas when applicable.)
- She must currently own shares in the company.**
- She must hold the most senior executive title and/or be the chief decision maker.
- She must be the founder of the business and/or have had a significant impact on the company if acquired. (Nominees applying to the Social Change Award must demonstrate how they’ve had a significant impact as the leader of the organization.)
* Not applicable to those applying for the Ones to Watch Award.
** Not applicable to those applying for the Social Change Award.