Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Women of Influence on March 6, 2014
Topics include significance of new look and Women & Health Panel in lead up to International Women’s Day
TORONTO, March 3rd, 2014— For 20 years Women of Influence has been dedicated to the advancement of professional women across North America. Since opening its doors, business has changed. Generations have grown up. Women are more vibrant than ever. And as a result, Women of Influence has continued to evolve its offerings each year, by listening, researching and analyzing trends on what drives women’s success and also – what blocks it.
Women of Influence has met with countless women at the Senior Executive level to learn and share their stories – the highs and lows on the way to the top. President and CEO, Carolyn Lawrence has had the opportunity to personally interview the leaders and experts who hire and market to women so that we can all better understand and fix the ‘disconnect’. So Women of Influence can be the experts on closing the gap.
What Women of Influence has learned:
- Corporations want and need women at the top, but often don’t have the right solutions in place to advance them. This has resulted in the continued pattern of women opting out, and overall fatigue for the diversity movement.
- Women and men can work incredibly well together when they understand how each other think and the unique strengths they each bring to the table. Getting this right is truly ground-breaking and companies that do get it right, are thriving.
- Women still want and need inspirational role models, connections, advancement and opportunities to build their leadership potential among their peers.
These beliefs have led Women of Influence to grow from an event company that inspires, to a company that can, and will, change the game for women from both sides of the glass ceiling; women and corporate culture. We have the solutions to women’s advancement. Through print, events, social media, digital assets, executive leadership training for women, gender diversity programs for corporations and multiple awards – Women of Influence is launching its 20th year in business as an integrated, multi-platform, powerhouse.
Celebrate the start of the event season with us: March 6th, 2014
Deloitte Women of Influence Luncheon Series – Women & Health Panel
This event is the answer to Arianna Huffington’s powerful call to action, during a Women of Influence event last fall. Huffington challenged women in business to consider their health as the “Third Metric” for success. Health is critical to success because if you don’t have it, you could, quite literally, fall over, as she famously did, and broke her cheek bone. Women of Influence agrees that high achieving women are not putting their health first, and have called on a panel of experts to discuss the ramifications of stress on our brains and aging.
Welcome remarks from Carolyn Lawrence (president & CEO of Women of Influence), and Host, Marcia Macmillan, CTV News Anchor.
The panelist’s will cover topics relating to professional women’s health, including:
- How women should prioritize themselves moving forward in their lives and careers
- Why dementia and Alzheimer’s – not cancer – are the prominent illnesses in women’s health
- Critical insights into the evils of stress
Moderator: Dr. Marla Shapiro, Canada AM’s Health and Medical Expert
- Dr. Vivien Brown M.D., family physician and Vice President, Medical Affairs, Medisys Health Group
- Lynn Posluns, Founder & President of the Women’s Brain Health Initiative, a global foundation raising money for research and education to combat women’s aging brain disorders. She has received the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for her vision and leadership.
- Leslie Beck, R.D. is one of Canada’s leading nutritionists, a best-selling author of 12 books, part of the Medisys Health Group team and columnist with The Globe and Mail.
What: Deloitte Women of Influence Luncheon Series
When: Thursday, March 6, 2014
Where: Sheraton Toronto – 123 Queen Street West, Toronto ON M5H 2M9
Registration: 11:15am – 12:00pm
Lunch: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Panel Discussion: 12:25pm – 1:00pm
Q&A: 1:30pm – 1:50pm
Women of Influence will also host the Women & Health Panel in the following cities:
Calgary: May 19, 2014
Ottawa: March 27, 2014
Vancouver: April 9, 2014
Montreal: May 29, 2014
Registration: To attend this event, please contact Elizabeth Heggie at Women of Influence directly at 416-923-1688 or email@example.com.
Women of Influence is North America’s leading organization dedicated to the professional advancement of women. Celebrating its flagship 20th year in 2014, Women of Influence continues to offer a menu of solutions through corporate consulting on Gender Intelligence, professional coaching, events, and content — both online and through a quarterly magazine. Renowned events include the Deloitte Women of Influence Luncheon Series and the RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards. Women of Influence has a community and reach of over 120,000 in nine cities across North America including Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Waterloo, Ottawa, Montreal, New York City and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit womenofinfluence.ca.
For more information, please contact:
Women of Influence