Exclusive: G(irls)20 Headed to Istanbul in 2015
G(irls)20 will host a Summit in advance of the G20 Leader’s Summit. This year, the 2015 G(irls)20 Summit will be held in Istanbul, Turkey.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2015
Launched in 2009 at the Clinton Global Initiative, G(irls)20 is a Canadian based, globally active charity that places girls and women at the heart of the economic decision making process by working with business, social profit enterprises and government. We have held five Summits: Toronto (2010), Paris (2011), Mexico City (2012), Moscow (2013) and Sydney, Australia (2014).
A take on the G20, which accounts for approximately 85% of the gross world product (GWP), 80% of world trade and two-thirds of the world’s population, G(irls)20 focuses on the challenges before the G20 while at the same time making strategic investments in the skills sets of girls and women so that they can participate fully in the economy.
We invite you to apply if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- female, 18-23 years of age;
- live and hold citizenship in one of the G20 member countries plus the Afghanistan, African Union, Azerbaijan*, the European Union, Pakistan, MENA region, Spain* or Singapore*. (These represent the members of the G20 plus countries invited by the Government of Turkey)
- have an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- can commit to launching a post Summit initiative/project in your own community; and,
- have parental or guardian permission to travel to Turkey and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit. This may require absence from school;
If selected, your flight, accommodation and meals will be covered.
To apply please click here.