Highlights: Sue Lee in Calgary
Thank you to all who attended the Deloitte Women of Influence Luncheon in Calgary on February 29th, 2012, with Sue Lee, recently retired Senior Vice President, Human Resources & Communications, Suncor Energy Inc. The feedback we received from this inspiring event was overwhelmingly supportive and highly engaged! Below you will find some of the highlights from Sue Lee’s keynote address. To view more photos, visit the Women of Influence Facebook Page.
- Create a strategy to influence and make a difference in yourself and others.
- Each of us inherits a time and place in history that shapes our role. Choose to say ‘no’ when something is no inline with your vision or values.
- You can influence an organization from within, making subtle changes quietly, and gradually curving out a new path or way of thinking.
- Communications are essential. People knit the fabric of the culture in an organization.
- We need to encourage women to move into untraditional roles. As the workforce ages, women will become the next generation of leaders. As technology advances, women’s skills are excellent to adapt.