Young Women of Influence – The Art of Negotiation
Janice Price knows how to get what she wants. This career arts and entertainment professional will have you run, fly and jump through hoops to collaborate on a larger than life project, all before you realize she had asked. Price brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in the performing arts arena to her position as CEO of Luminato. Prior to returning to her native Toronto in 2006, Price most recently served as President and CEO of The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia, and VP Marketing and Communications at New York’s Lincoln Center. Learn what it takes to get what your organization needs, without making it appear that you asked.
[hdplay id=81 width=640 height=400 ]
To continue to view the speech, click the arrow to the right of the video screen.
- Do anything and everything that you are given the chance to do.
- Work really, really hard! It takes effort to be a Senior Executive.
- Serve. Be there when you are needed and be prepared.
- Spend your life doing something you are passionate about.
- Ask for what you want. All too often, we assume that people are aware of our desires.
- Negotiate regular meetings to update your supervisors on your achievements and goals.
- A good negotiator is very well researched, well-prepared, a good listener, creative thinker and able to keep the big picture in mind.
- Know when to walk away. Don’t force the negotiation, if the timing isn’t right don’t force your partner to say no.