Launching March 7th, 2014
It is vital to Canada’s future economic development and prosperity that entrepreneurs, particularly women entrepreneurs, be encouraged and cultivated.
The RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards provide national recognition to Canada’s women entrepreneurs, whose successful businesses and achievements contribute so much to the Canadian and global economies as well as to their own communities.
By honouring these entrepreneurs, we help to:
- Advance their business and personal networks
- Provide significant profile and visibility for them and their businesses
- Create additional opportunities to actively participate on for-profit and non-profit boards, government committees and/or industry associations
- Increase the number of role models and mentors for all entrepreneurs, both male and female
The Awards Program
To date, over 19,000 women ranging from their early 20s to their mid-eighties, from every sector of the economy, have been nominated for these awards.
106 Awards have been presented for outstanding entrepreneurial achievement in the area of Start-up, Innovation, Momentum, Trailblazer, Impact, and Excellence.
With revenues ranging from $250,000 to over $500 million we are also seeing an increase in the number of female entrepreneurs succeeding in ‘non-traditional’ industries such as finance, film, construction, oil and gas, and transportation.
The Facts about Women Entrepreneurs
- One of the fastest growing business segments in Canada
- Canadian firms run by women, create new jobs at four times the rate of the national average, collectively providing more jobs than the Canadian Top 100 companies combined
- Women are creating not just jobs, but entire companies, at double the rate of the national average
- The number of women with incorporated businesses more than doubled during the last decade
- There are 821,000 self employed women contributing $18 Billion to the Canadian economy