In The News


Maximizing Potential: How Cisco and BDC are opening doors for women entrepreneurs graphic

Maximizing Potential: How Cisco and BDC are opening doors for women entrepreneurs

May, 4th, 2018

    Women entrepreneurs represent just a small segment of business owners in Canada, but their numbers and impact are growing — and their potential is even greater. Cisco and the Business Development Bank of Canada have partnered to unlock it, using a unique internship program that’s now in its third successful year.   By […]


Study Reveals: Canada Country with 5th Highest % of Women in Tech graphic

Study Reveals: Canada Country with 5th Highest % of Women in Tech

March, 21st, 2018

    With gender disparity a topic at the forefront of modern discourse, leading technology career platform Honeypot, has released the 2018 Women in Tech Index. The results offer a view on gender-based employment inequalities both at large and in the technology sector. In an effort to position themselves as industry experts, the developer-focused career […]


Best Workplaces for Women in Canada 2018 graphic

Best Workplaces for Women in Canada 2018

March, 7th, 2018

Yesterday, Great Place to Work® Canada released its 2018 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women in Canada. 80% of each company’s score was based on female responses to the Trust Index, which covers all aspects of workplace trust. The other 20% was based on measures which include programs that make work-life balance easier (such as maternity/parental top-ups, daycare […]


International Women’s Day 2018 Events in Canada graphic

International Women’s Day 2018 Events in Canada

March, 5th, 2018

    Across Canada, women’s networks, corporations, charities, educational institutions, government bodies, political parties, the media and beyond are celebrating International Women’s Day 2018. Join the movement to #PressforProgress at one of these events, or plan your own celebration!      The Dinner Party featuring Arlene Dickinson (Burlington, ON, March 7 @ 5:30pm EST)   The Dinner Party is a […]


How female CEOs are finding themselves on the edge of a cliff graphic

How female CEOs are finding themselves on the edge of a cliff

February, 15th, 2018

  Have you heard of the ‘glass cliff?’ Have you ever experienced it? Have you ever fallen off it? Yesterday, Freakonomics Radio, the podcast spin-off of the eponymous, best-selling book, continued their series called “The Secret Life of C.E.O.’s” by examining the evidence for the glass cliff phenomenon, the ramifications of it, and some possible […]


Alice Announces Close of First Financing Round graphic

Alice Announces Close of First Financing Round

September, 20th, 2017

Alice (previously Circular Board), the world’s first machine learning business advisor and first digital accelerator, announced the close of its first significant equity-based funding round. In an era when inclusive entrepreneurship is a social and economic imperative, a diverse group of investors have put their money and time towards the only existing, scalable solution to […]


Confidence gap: survey shows young women don’t believe in their tech skills graphic

Confidence gap: survey shows young women don’t believe in their tech skills

August, 28th, 2017

    The concept of “The Confidence Gap” is by no means a new conversation — there are many studies showing that, across all cultures, women are less self-assured than men. And success is as much based on confidence as it is competence.  Adding to that body of evidence is a recent survey of more than 1,000 university students […]