Yesterday, Great Place to Work® Canada released its 2018 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women in Canada.

80% of each company’s score was based on female responses to the Trust Index, which covers all aspects of workplace trust. The other 20% was based on measures which include programs that make work-life balance easier (such as maternity/parental top-ups, daycare support, flexible scheduling, etc.) 

Interestingly, while many companies assume flexible schedules and generous family leave are key to attracting and retaining women, they’re not primary factors. In fact, it turns out women prefer companies that maximize human potential and give them access to decision-making 

“Organizations fostering a culture of empowerment and inclusion are more likely to get great perspectives from employees,” said Jose Tolovi Neto, CEO, Great Place to Work® Canada, “This results in lower turnover and more innovation.”

Of the companies listed, Astellas and Stryker are examples of workplaces that provide particularly good policies and support for working parents, as well as environments of inclusion. We’re also pleased to see our Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards sponsor, RBC, as one of the top places for women to work in Canada!

Check out the full list:

  • AbbVie
  • Adlib Software
  • Admiral Insurance
  • Adoxio Business Solutions Limited
  • Astellas Pharma Canada Inc.
  • Axonify
  • BlueDot Inc.
  • Ceridian
  • Dun & Bradstreet
  • Eagle Professional Resources Inc.
  • Edelman Public Relations Worldwide Canada
  • Flipp Corporation
  • Fuller Landau LLP
  • Gardiner Roberts LLP
  • Geotab
  • GroupeX Solutions
  • Indeed Canada Corp
  • IndustryBuilt Software
  • Intuit Canada
  • JOEY Restaurant Group
  • KFC (Canada Corp Office)
  • Kicking Horse Coffee
  • Klick Inc.
  • Knowledge First Financial
  • Kronos Incorporated
  • Lifeworks
  • LoyaltyOne Co.
  • Managing Matters
  • Mastercard Canada
  • Norima Consulting Inc.
  • Nulogy Corporation
  • Points International Ltd.
  • RBC
  • Resolver Inc.
  • Royal LePage Performance Realty
  • Salesforce
  • SaskCentral (Credit Union Central of Saskatchewan)
  • Simply Green Home Services Inc.
  • Sklar Wilton & Associates
  • Stryker
  •  The Ian Martin Group
  • The PEER Group Inc.
  • Traction On Demand
  • Ultimate Software
  • Urban Systems Ltd.
  •  Wave
  • Wealthsimple
  • Whirlpool Canada
  • Wynford/EventSimple



Related Posts

Recommended Posts

As the Senior Vice President of Business Development at AscendantFX, Shemina ...

Learn more

    Despite the business case for diversity, or perhaps because of it, ...

Learn more

Jacqueline Thorpe is Bureau Chief for Bloomberg News in Toronto, where she wrangles a team of ...

Learn more

Christine Laperriere is a seasoned expert on helping leaders and teams reduce internal ...

Learn more

Andrea Weinberg is the founder and CEO of The ANDI Brand, a line of functional fashion that ...

Learn more